• A new 2-hour session – step by step guide to completing a risk based audit
• New IIA professional guidance – an approach to implementing RBA
• New IIA guidance on annual internal audit coverage plans
• New IIA guidance – Effective RBA
• Internal audit coverage of risks to achieving strategic objectives
• Risk Based Internal Audit Plan Example – to determine priorities
• RBA benefits and drawbacks – new guidance
The Institute of Internal Auditors in a professional guidance statement stated the following:-
‘Internal Audit are being asked to provide much greater assurance to Senior Management than ever before. The Institute believes that the only way to provide such objective assurance is by means of risk based auditing’.
Audit functions that are able to focus their efforts towards the significant risk in their organizations are able to concentrate their limited resources on the issues which drive business goals and aspirations. In consequence audit plans are directed at the issues, which really matter.
This course provides all the latest developments. The 2019 course features a case study on the step by step approach to a risk based audit.
Furthermore, a participative approach whereby auditors and managers work together to identify, assess and control business risks significantly enhances the level of assurance and reduces the chances of nasty surprises – a huge benefit to most organizations.
After completing this course you will be able to:
• Fully implement the RBA approach
• Advise management better on the methods of Identification, mitigation and control of risks
• Challenge management and sell the benefits of proactive risk management
• Audit major areas of risk for your business with confidence
• Add value to your organization by the application of risk-based audit services
• Deliver more effective audit plans through developing the appreciation of risk
• Plan risk based assignments efficiently and effectively
• Measure success more effectively
• Participants will get a copy of the best seller Risk Based Auditing by Phil Griffiths.
Participants can earn up to 14 CPE credits ( 10 in the Auditing field of study and 4 in the Management Advisory Services field of study)
Who Should Attend?
• Heads of Audit, Audit managers and senior auditors
• Auditors responsible for developing or implementing a risk based approach
• Other assurance professionals such as those in Compliance and QA functions who
are wanting to develop their Risk based approach