The extension to the scope of the Senior Management and Certification Regime beyond banking to all firms will result in many firms, not already in scope, needing to become familiar with the new regulatory requirements. Firms will need to establish for example, if they are a “limited scope”, “core” or “enhanced” firm. While the change is not expected until next year firms need act on the advice of the FCA and develop plans for implementation now if they are to be compliant on time.
This concise course gives an overview of the new regimes and explores the issues which firms will need to address and resolve if they are to meet the new standards effectively.
Course Objectives: Attendance at this courses will provide you with:
- The ability to recognise the principal features of the new arrangements, compared with the existing regime.
- The ability to see the new requirements within the broader regulatory context.
- The opportunity to identify actions that will need to be taken by firms and individuals in planning for compliance with the new requirements.
- The regulatory focus on individual accountability
- Aims and ambitions of the SM&CR
- Features of the Senior Managers regime
- The FCA approach
- Features of Certification
- The Rules of Conduct
- Transitioning to the new requirements
- Practical and operational implications of the new arrangements
- Capitalising on the enhanced requirements of the regimes as good practice
- SM&CR in the context of developments in UK corporate governance
Course aimed at: Senior Management, including Directors, Non-Executive Directors and other Approved Persons and Material Risk Takers; Risk, Compliance and Internal Audit specialists; Human Resources and Learning and Development specialists.
Note: this course reflects the latest consultation papers and policy statements issued by the FCA.
This course can be delivered onsite or as an instructor lead course at a firm’s office.
If you would like to discuss your training requirements in more detail please contact Graham Dix on 020 7484 3987 or your usual Cordium consultant.