This succinct 3 hour course provides advice and guidance on compliance with the Statutory and Regulatory requirements relating to Politically Exposed Persons and Financial Sanctions.
If you have business relationships with customers, clients, investors, portfolio and/or investee companies and either your firm or your administrator “on-boards” them, the obligation is on your firm to ensure that appropriate risk based procedures are in place to determine whether you are entering into a relationship with a PEP and/or an entity against which there are financial sanctions.
Where a PEP or a sanctioned entity is identified Firms must ensure adequate measures are taken to mitigate the risk. Failure to evidence that these requirements are met will risk regulatory censure for non-compliance with one or more of the 11 Principles for businesses and the potential for prosecution.
- The ability to demonstrate to the Regulator your understanding of the current PEPs and Sanctions regimes;
- The knowledge you need to achieve and evidence compliance;
- The potential to identify actions that may need to be taken to address any gaps in your compliance arrangements; and
- The ability to ensure that appropriate systems and controls are in place to manage the PEPs and Sanctions risks.
- What are Sanctions & Who is a PEP?
- Purpose & Structure of principal international sanctions regimes
- Implications for regulated firms
- The impact of Regulation
- Don’t forget trade sanctions & embargoes!
- Is YOUR regime “FIT FOR PURPOSE?”
This course is aimed at: Senior management, MLROs, Compliance Officers, Compliance staff, Auditors and all staff involved in client take-on
This course can be delivered onsite or as an instructor lead course at a firm’s office.
If you would like to discuss your training requirements in more detail please contact Graham Dix on 020 7484 3987 or your usual Cordium consultant.