The FCA continues to be concerned about a firm’s ability to demonstrate it has sufficient resources, expertise and procedures in place to avoid client money/ custody disasters and meet the requirements of the CASS Rules.
The FCA continues to be concerned about a firm’s ability to demonstrate it has sufficient resources, expertise and procedures in place to avoid client money/ custody disasters and meet the requirements of the CASS Rules. Along with the new function of the CF10a, management and compliance are also expected to ensure they keep up to date with changes in the CASS requirements and are ready to react in case of need – this obliges ALL relevant personnel to understand the contents of the CASS rulebook.
Attendance on this course will enable you to:
- Describe the FCA Rules relating to Client Assets applicable to the firm
- Assess the impact of the Client Asset Rules on their firm
- Benchmark current practices against what is required by the Client Assets Rules including CASS RP requirements
- Background and Purpose of CASS
- General Application: Who? What? Where?
- Firm classification and Oversight CASS 1/1A
- Collateral CASS 3
- Custody CASS 6
- Client Money/ Distribution CASS 7/7A
- Mandates CASS 8
- Prime Brokerage CASS 9
- CASS resolution pack CASS 10
Course aimed for: Senior Management, CF10a, Finance and Operations staff
Maximum numbers: 12
This course can also be delivered as an onsite course or as an instructor lead course at a firm’s office.
If you would like to discuss your training requirements in more detail, please contact Hannah Shirer on 0207 408 2448 or your usual Cordium consultant.