With only a few months to go now, the Market in Financial Instruments Regulation and Directive, MiFID II, will come into force, introducing the most significant changes to the conduct of financial services and the market environment since the commencement of the EU Commission’s Financial Services Action Plan. It will affect all categories of dealing, broking, asset management and advisory services undertaken by banks, non-banks and other service providers, together with their corporate, institutional and retail customers.
It will also have a major impact on all primary and secondary financial and commodity markets, including regulated markets, NTFs and OTFs as well as clearing houses. In a nutshell: it will fundamentally reshape European financial markets, the products and services that market participants provide and the relationship between players and their customers.
This means also that the new regime for transaction and trade reporting being introduced under MiFID II represents a significant overhaul and expansion of what was required under MiFID I. With only a few months before MiFID II comes into force, financial institutions are trying to find the smartest ways to comply and be ready to meet the requirements.
Our event, taking place at a crucial time just a few months before January 3rd, 2018 will be invaluable to ensure that your implementation project for transaction and trade reporting is on track. With some of the leading financial institutions, trading venues and regulatory bodies speaking, it will provide a practical forum in which firms can discuss MiFID II’s impact on compliance monitoring programmes, benchmark state of readiness and discuss the practicalities of IT and back office implications.
Whereas 2016 was predominantly about understanding, lobbying and discussing the regulations, in 2017 firms are increasingly expected to be implementing the procedures and processes to implement it. While the very ambitious aim — to align, fully and transparently, the industry with the end client — is a very worthy one, the challenge, as all players are experiencing, is in implementation and compliance.
To help you navigate through the last months of preparation before January 3rd, City and Financial Global has put together the latest in its series of successful MiFID conferences, with a special focus on Transaction and Trade Reporting practicalities.
Attending this summit will enable you to:
- Keep up to date with the key priorities and expectations for MiFID II adoption and the readiness of the market
- Be ready to meet upcoming obligations in transparency, product governance and wider investor protection
- Hear about the practical impact of MiFID II on transaction reporting obligations for Trading Venues and Approved Reporting Mechanisms
- Understand MiFIR reporting obligations, reporting reference data and the interaction of additional regulatory burdens
- Master the technical and regulatory specifications of MiFID II, RegTech and outsourcing
- Observe the state of development of technology and software in support of compliance programmes, and learn about cost saving and security potential