According to our Keynote, Simon Lindsay, Director General, The Panel on Takeovers and Mergers:
"UK takeover activity in 2018 has continued at a high level, with a significant proportion of large and cross border bids. More takeover activity will raise more interesting questions of interpretation and application of the rules of the City Code on Takeovers and Mergers (“the Code”).
The principles-based philosophy which underpins the Code enables the Takeover Panel, this year celebrating its 50th anniversary, to deal rapidly with new situations and to give guidance on a real-time basis to the parties involved in takeovers and other transactions involving corporate control".
With this in mind, City & Financial Global invites you to join us for the 38th iteration of “The City Code on Takeovers and Mergers" conference, scheduled to take place on the 27th September at the Royal Garden Hotel in London.
This forum has the tradition of attracting senior-level M&A executives, compliance officers, in-house and law firm counsel to discuss topical and imperative subjects such as:
- The Takeover Panel: Examining its Role and the Outlook for the M&A Industry
- The Approach, The Announcements and Obtaining Independent Advice
- Share Dealings: Restrictions, Consequences and Disclosure
- Conditions, Conduct and Information Requirements on an Offer
- Addressing Hostile and Contested Takeovers
Who should attend