The 4th UK Financial Services BREXIT and Beyond Summit is being organised in partnership with the City of London Corporation, TheCityUK and UK Finance. Catherine McGuinness, Chairman of the Policy and Resources Committee, at the Corporation, Miles Celic, Chief Executive of TheCityUK, and Stephen Jones, Chief Executive of UK Finance, have all kindly agreed to speak.
This summit builds on the success of our previous three FS BREXIT Summits, all of which have been very well attended and highly rated by speakers, delegates and sponsors alike. This event has become the ‘must attend’ event on BREXIT for the UK financial services industry.
The timing of the 4th event in the series has been determined by the feedback from the 350 participants at the last summit in November, who opted overwhelmingly for a further event to be held in March, on the basis that by then the lie of the land would be much clearer in terms of the type of BREXIT that will form the basis of the UK’s exit from the EU.
In addition to keynotes from the government and the FCA, other key themes in the programme include:
- Ensuring that the City and the UK Financial Services Industry thrive in the new era
- Using [enhanced] regulatory equivalence to service clients based in the EU27 post-BREXIT
- Regulatory cooperation in Europe post-BREXIT
- Balance sheet management – limiting capital and liquidity inefficiencies as business models adapt to new requirements
- Implications of the Government’s Immigration White Paper for talent retention
- A vision for the future I – identifying and trading with next generation growth markets
- Managing cross-border data flows in the future
- Contract continuity – best practice guidance
- A vision for the future II – focusing on the key themes that will define the future of financial services