Wednesday, 20 August 2014
Telephone enquiries: +44 (0) 776 885 2638
Industry Events Online welcomes Martyn Oughton
LONDON/UK – 20 August 2014 – Industry Events Limited is delighted to announce that Martyn Oughton has agreed to join our advisory panel and write a weekly blog on the importance of training and events when ensuring compliance with financial services regulation.
Martyn is a financial services professional with over 20 years’ experience in the industry. He has worked in administrative, technical, management and compliance roles for a number of well-known life offices and consultancy firms. In the earlier part of his career, he was primarily a technical expert in the pensions field, leading many pieces of technical change and speaking at industry events and in-house training programmes.
Since 2007, Martyn has been a compliance professional, specialising mainly in the field of insurance. In 2009, he obtained the International Compliance Association’s (ICA) Diploma in Compliance and is now a Professional Member of the ICA.
Martyn has recently been an examiner for the ICA, marking exam papers and assignments for their UK and International Compliance, AML and Financial Crime Diplomas. He is also now a published writer in the field of compliance, having become a regular contributor to the ICA’s members’ journal “inCompliance”, and as well as joining the IEO panel, is also a contributor to the Industry Events Online blog.
Gareth Rowlands, founding director of Industry Events Limited, welcomed Martyn by saying:
"Having an individual such as Martyn on board in a real asset. Not only is he a current practitioner who is well aware of the challenges facing the financial services industry but he also recognises the importance of good events and training to raise the standard of the industry. He will be a valuable ambassador for Industry Events Online."
In response Martyn is quoted as saying:
"I’m very excited to be invited to join IEO’s advisory panel and write for their blog. This is a business that has identified a clear gap in the market and is filling it extremely well. Even though it’s a relatively new business, it’s growing rapidly, and I feel privileged to be asked to help shape its development in future. The industry will soon wonder how it got by without this facility before!"
Event providers and professional bodies from around the globe can reach a wider audience of delegates by advertising their events and training sessions on a single tailored financial services website which will be frequented from delegates specifically from the Financial Services and closely related industries.
Industry Events Online is supported by an Advisory Panel of industry experts who have helped guide the content and launch so that the platform fully meets the requirements of the Financial Services industry.
Industry Events Online is a free to view service for delegates. Interested advertisers should contact industry Events Online at firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
To keep up to date with new events and future events readers are encourage to subscribe to the Industry Events Online weekly e-newsletter and RSS Feed.
1. Industry Events Limited was founded in 2013 by Gareth Rowlands.
2. Gareth Rowlands has over 25 years senior executive experience across a wide range of industries in the UK and overseas. This has included a number of roles at Sales & Marketing Director, Managing Director and CEO level for private companies and PLCs in both the large corporate and SME sectors. He now runs an independent strategy consultancy practice and is the founding director of Industry Events Limited, the trading company behind Industry Events Online.
3. Industry Events Limited is supported by an Advisory Panel of high profile financial services’ industry experts and specialists who provide Industry Events Limited with advice and support.
4. Link to the advisory panel (www.industryeventsonline.com/advisorypanel)
5. Industry Event Limited’s registered office is: 145-147 St John Street, London, EC1V 4PW.
6. All press enquiries and additional comment emailed to email@example.com.